Tuesday, August 5, 2008

America's most popular restaurant

Benihana's of course! Yesterday we went out to dinner with Brady's aunt and all her family! They get together on the first Monday of every month and go out to eat. Since Brady's mom is in town, they invited us to come along with them! I ordered the Benihana Excellence, and mmm mmm, it was good. And apparently its America's most popular restaurant.


We didn't have our camera with us or we would have taken more pics of the family, but all we had was Brady's phone. This is not the best pic of me, but it shows how cool this place is. It is not just off the street, you have to park and walk a little bit to it. Its just in the middle of eveything, and there's a cool little garden next to it, and a big green grass field the little kids were running around in. I had so much fun getting to know more of my extended family. They were extremely nice and out going, and we just chatted the entire time! Lately though, I've been a little homesick for my own family :( I feel so lucky to get to visit Brady's family so much, and get to know them, but it has started to make me jealous that I never get to see mine! But I do love the Hansen's!


Afterwards, we stopped by the hospital to see Ry, Steph, and baby Avery, and she is just a little fighter! She is still doing unbelievably well and has no sign of anything out of the ordinary (except that she's under 2 pounds), and has started to take milk which will be wonderful for helping her grow. She has totally stolen all the nurses hearts! They have taken pictures of her, and made scrapbook pages for her, and just taken such good care of her!


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

We MISS YOU TOO!!! I am dying to go to Utah or have you here - it's not working yet! I hope it will soon. I am also glad you are having so much fun with in-laws (tell Debi "Hi" for us) - although way jealous!
Avery is amazing and it makes us so happy for her and Ryan and Stephanie! She is so tiny - but just looks wonderful! Miracles are so special to be a part of!
Love,
mom

ryan and danielle said...

avery is such a little fighter! i bet she will be real fiesty when she grows up! i am glad to hear she is doing so well! i know texas misses you too tar!

BradyH said...

I miss the Asay clan too! In fact I propose a mass migration west,you know Utah is the new Texas ;) Think about it...

Leandra said...

Asian hooters? I wanna go there now!

Leandra said...

Let me clarify. I don't want to go there because it's asian hooters but because it looks like fun and good eats.

caroline said...

We're missing you guys too! :(
Nice thought Brady, We'd jump on it if Mike's practice didn't root us here!I love the picture of someone hands cradling Avery's precious little head! It makes you realize how tiny she is while looking amazingly strong!

cat.janer said...

I will give you ten million dollars if you can find an SNL digital short called "Dear Sister" to post on your blog. I can't find it anymore but it is so good. Probably on the same level as "Punched".

Scottie and Angie said...

Tare,
I miss you too but I am all the way out here in OHIO!!!

I just wanted to say I have been to that amzing resturant too, and I really liked it too, I think my favorite part was that they make the food right in front of you.
And I totally hear you about spending time with the in-laws, I always start to miss my family when we get to see Scottie's so much.
But I guess now we are so far away from both our parents that I will be homesick for both families.
Anyways I love you and it was nice to talk to you the other day.
love always
Angie

Eric said...

Yum! I think I've been there once, but I don't really remember it. Avery looks so cute! Its interesting to see a picutre with someone holding her. You can really see how tiny she is.