Saturday, January 31, 2009

its because food always tastes better when it's free...

Yesterday, during my lunch break, I met B at Costco. There was a 'super demo' going on in honor of the superbowl. In other words there were a bunch of sampling stations set up all right in a row, so you could just go right down and eat everything they had to offer.

This was our lunch:
3 different kinds of cheese
spicy buffalo wings
chips and salsa
chips and hummus
chips and guacamole
cracked pepper buffalo wings
mozzarella sticks
meatballs
chocolate cake
honey bbq buffalo wings
cream cheese and bagels
crackers and jalepeno spread
pizza rolls

Probably not the healthiest lunch, but it sure tasted good. Maybe because it was free.

Now don't worry about our health, they were all just in sample sizes so its not like we had full servings of anything. And we got a salad to share afterwards to make us feel better.

11 comments:

Amanda said...

First off, I went yesterday too and had my mini lunch! Haha, then I picked up hotdogs and pizza for dinner! Second, tell me how you took that picture. Did you edit it with photoshop?

taryn said...

Mandi-
I edited it online with picnik! I just use the free version so I don't have to register or anything. Have you heard of photoscape? I haven't tried it, but I've heard good things about it too.

Eric said...

That's so cute! What a fun lunch date!

Carrie said...

MMM! sounds delish! and the best part is, you didn't have to lift a finger. or clean up afterwards. or pay.

AmyJ said...

Free lunch!! And a nice variety :)

Anonymous said...

Now I guess you're Super Bowl savvy on all the snacks for the big game?!! Yummy way to spend lunch hour and get plenty of food and have plenty of time to visit with each other since it involved no cooking! And free is always a hit!
~mom

ryan and danielle said...

YUMM!! free is always my fave!

Kristi said...

You guys are too funny! Food is always better when it's free right?!?

Scottie and Angie said...

How fun Tare!!!!!!
i LOVE that you do fun stuff like this! Did you watch the super bowl? If so I hope you were cheering for the steelers because I was
love ya
Angie

Staci said...

free grand slam at denny's today!! go hit it up!!

kjirsten said...

Yum!! The boys and I like to do that too!

p.s. I didn't comment on your last post, about Addie's blessing . . . but I wanted to tell you that those pictures were AMAZING!! I want you to come take pictures of MY baby!!!! ( . . . I'm not kidding) You did such a pretty job -- so lovely. So . . . when are you coming???????????