I made this chocolate chip pound cake (thanks to Kjirst for the recipe) to bring into work for my last day. It was a big hit and now I think people really will miss me when I leave, haha!
I can't believe I won't be working anymore. I don't think I'll miss the work itself, but I will miss the people I work with. Its been a riot to be 'stuck' in an office with such hilarious people. I count myself lucky to have been able to enjoy my work days as much as I did, and I wish I would have written down more of the funny things that we did on a daily basis. It was like working in 'the office'. Here are a few of my favorite work memories:
- always stealing the free goodies from Quill when they delivered treats with the paper.
- matt getting mad that we stole those goodies.
- sean playing supercalifragilisticexpialidocious as loud as the speakers would go, and tap dancing to it, while sitting in his chair
- spending the entire work day rearranging our office on a whim and half way through not thinking we would ever get it back to functioning order.
- deciding that someone had written the 'do not open window: its broken' note as a joke and opening the window, only to find that it was not a joke.
- sean saying he would take all the blame for stealing the Mrs. Fields cookies from Quill, and then finding out he blamed me for everything when I was out of the room.
- matt leaving a lone cookie stabbed with an envelope opener on sean's desk when he found out it was actually him whole stole the cookies.
- when Jessie clocked in, had Kevin shave her head at work, and then clocked out. And everyone was okay with it.
- sean playing disney music as loud as possible and never turning it down when customer's called or when people were asking him questions.
- telling everyone its my last day of work when I actually have 3 more days left.