Saturday, September 5, 2009

I made it through the first week of school! I try to go to bed early because I wake up and 6:30 and I know that once the baby comes I won't ever get sleep again for the rest of my life, so I try to enjoy it now. It's hard though since I wake up at least once a night to relieve the jumping on my bladder.

Today we had a quiz and I along with 2 others had a group presentation. I volunteered to be in this first group a) to get it over with and b) because I knew she would grade easier since we only had 1 day to prepare.

Of course it didn't go smoothly- we used a powerpoint and none of my slides showed up. Only mine, and I was presenting the bulk of the information. Lucky for me Brady made me write my key points on notecards, so I was able to continue and all was well. It was flustering though, to have 60 pairs of eyes on you and realize literally only 5 seconds before its your turn to speak, that you are not going to be able to rely on what you spent preparing the night before.

Thank goodness for those little cards. And thank goodness I aced my quiz.

I came home today tired, and Brady and I curled up on the couch, listened to the silence, and fell asleep. It was heaven.

When I woke up I started on my homework, and after question 3 tears were rolling down my face, then I was sobbing full blown with my face buried in my hands and my shoulders shaking. I was thinking of being tired. Of having to leave my newborn baby and not getting to be with her every second of every day as she grows. Of becoming a mother and having no idea what I'm doing. It was overwhelming and I let it out.

It felt good. And I continued to question 4.

All is well.

No comments: