Saturday, May 23, 2009

Saturday morning thoughts of a soon(ish) to be mother

I am doing terrible on blogging. I don't know where all the time in one day goes, oh wait, yeah I do. I work for 12 hours of it and then come home and spend the rest of the night getting the nursery cleaned out and set up!

We had a terribly fun time with family in Texas and were spoiled for 1 whole week! Now I'm making up for it at work. I will be trying to get pics up from our trip in any spare time I can find.

In other news we got a crib and lots of goodies to fill the room from a baby shower I had with my home ward! I am so grateful for such kind friends and wonderful family! Things are coming along, and all of the sudden I feel like time is slipping away too fast.

I am huge. Okay not huge, but I grew so much in the last two weeks, and I was so busy that I didn't really notice until I looked back at pics and saw my stomach poking out of EVERYTHING! I can no longer cover this baby up. She is ready to be seen :)

Speaking of her, she is going to be a mover and a shaker. Not a day goes by that I don't feel her kicking and moving like crazy! I love it. And the best part is that she kicked her dad a few times :) He was so excited. I wish he could feel it everytime like I do.

As for the name, we both love the name Olivia (and call her Liv) but for some reason I really have trouble with the finality of things (what is wrong with me), so I can't say that that is for sure what her name will be. I just can't name this little sweetheart until I meet her in person. (but she will probably be Olivia Marie since that is what we are already calling her :)

Last night, while at the sunflower market shopping for broccoli, I saw a little girl run by with glasses and all the sudden I got nervous thinking about glasses and braces and imodesty and insecurity. Please please be a good girl Olivia. Or better yet, let me be a good mom!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Taryn, you are so cute! You are going to be a wonderful mom. I know she is excited to be your sweet daughter.

It was great to see you and catch up!

Love ya',
Tina

Kris and Megan said...

Ah isn't that the most amazing thing to feel the baby?? Kris always seemed to miss it, but that is the biggest thing I miss about being pregnant for sure! I can't wait to see how much your belly has grown too! I would worry the same things about having a girl too- the insecurities especially! You two will be great parents though and will love her to death she'll probably never have any issues in that area! :) I love the name too, and was SO in the same boat! I had a name or two I really thought it would be, but until we met him we just felt like we couldn't attach a name for sure. When we ended up having him, a totally different name came up anyway! You just never know. Anyway, I love your updates and reading how you're feeling about the baby girl. I am so excited for you!

Carrie said...

i worry about the same types of things when i think about having a girl, but you'll be a great mom and i'm sure little olivia will be a good girl. it's probably good that you think about those things now so you can be prepared to teach her when she comes.

ryan and danielle said...

can't wait to see pics of your visit home! can't wait to see more pics of your cute belly too! I think that Olivia is beautiful and I know you will be am amazing momma too! she is lucky to have such great parents to raise her!

Eric said...

I'm glad you had fun at home, I'm glad Liv is kicking for Brady now, and you will definitely ge a great mom! We need to get together soon so I can help break in your sewing machine ;)!

Kristi said...

Olivia Marie is a beautiful name. And Liv is a cute nickname. You will be such a wonderful mom, it is really scary to think of all the things that come with parenting, and honestly it just gets scarier the older they get, but that's why we have the gospel, faith and prayer! You guys will be great!