Sunday, May 24, 2009

God bless America, and Texas

I always always love to go home. After dropping our bags off at the house, my parents took us to the Arboretum- it has miles and miles of flowers and beautiful landscaped gardens.














We loved getting out with my parents and enjoying a lovely stroll in the park!


That night, we went to eat at Saltgrass, my favorite steak house!


Anyone who knows me knows that I am a chocolate girl. I will always order chocolate whatever for dessert. Except at Saltgrass I always get this cheesecake! It is the best (in my opinion) and I actually don't even like cheesecake. This is light and creamy and the best part is the delicious strawberry sauce with white chocolate drizzled on top!
I love food.


This was a great way to kick off our trip!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aren't pictures great for reliving a fun event?!! I love the arboretum, it's peaceful and beautiful. And I love Saltgrass! I'm so glad it's a lot of my kids pick because then I get to go every once in a while! We sure had fun with you guys for a whole week! It felt like vacation to us, too!
Love you,
mom and dad

Scottie and Angie said...

I loved the pics from Texas. BUT I loved talking to you the most on the PHONE!!!It was so wonderful to hear your voice and to know that you are doing well.
Love you lots and I am blessed to have you as a friend

ryan and danielle said...

i LOVE the aboretum, the perfect venue for such beautiful photos! you and b are super cute! and i also love saltgrass, they have the best butter and bread!! mmmmm

Eric said...

Fun! Those flowers are gorgeous, and so is that cheesecake!

AmyJ said...

Loooove all the flower pics! And Saltgrass!!!!! Looooove that place!!

Carrie said...

mmmm! saltgrass! that looks like a fun vacation already. i'm excited to see the rest of your pictures!

thanks for coming to colsie's show the other day. it was fun to have you there. i know it wasn't the most exciting thing ever. i kind of wish we had gone to iggy's with you guys. we went to iceburg and i felt disgusting afterward. the next morning griffy said, with tears in his eyes, 'aww, we didn't go to iggy's!'

Kristi said...

Saltgrass is my fave steakhouse too. I do not like cheesecake either, so next time I will have to try that one! The Arboretum pics were beautiful! Those trees that you and Brady are walking under are my favorite thing at there and I love to get shots from behind of people walking under them just like yours! It was good to see you and I'm glad you guys got to make the trip home. There's no place like home right?