Tuesday, March 9, 2010

right now

8:40pm

Brady comes home, on the phone with his little sis, takes one look at me, gives me an extra sweet smile and whispers that it smells good. Then he makes a point to tell her that I made dinner and how it smells good and how nice it was of me to do so.

Me: That's weird that he's talking so much about dinner to Haylee. Nice that he's being so appreciative though.

I can tell he's all the sudden cutting the convo short with, "I think I need to go now because dinner's sitting here warm and its time for us to eat"

Me: I guess he's just dang hungry.

Hangs up the phone walks over with a smile and outstretched arms, so I give him a hug.

We're hugging in silence for a while, and just as I'm about to ask him if something bad happened to him today he says,

"So tell me why you've been crying...."

Whaaa???

Then I realize that I was crying.........while I was cutting the onions.

After telling him this he replies,
"Oh, you have black streaks down your face"

And I did. Have racoon eyes. And thick black streaks down my face.
And it had been over an hour since I cut the onions.

Good thing we eat late, I have absolutely no life during the weekdays, and saw no one.

Life lesson: Look in a mirror once in awhile.

6 comments:

kjirsten said...

THAT. IS. HILARIOUS. Thanks for a good laugh!! (you're so cute Teensie :) (and Brady's SO sweet!)

AmyJ said...

Cute!! You guys are just cute!

Danee Hansen said...

Awesome story! You guys are great :]

Debi said...

You guys are great! Thanks for the smile...we love you.

Mom

Anonymous said...

What a funny real - life story! Ain't love grand!! Thanks for sharing this kind, funny post! HA! Kj and I were talking about it and laughing so hard!
~mom

janelle stubbs said...

oh my gosh that is hilarious! but what a sweetie Brady is! i wonder sometimes if i'll ever see anyone once we have our baby.... thanks for the good wishes by the way :)