Friday, August 13, 2010

Summer has only just begun...

...at least for me.

photo from here

I find it funny and kind of sad that many are about go back to school, ending their summer break, and my summer break is just beginning.

I'm just thankful to have a break at all! Each time, I feel like I need it even more. This third semester was really difficult to stay focused. The classes may not have been the hardest I've ever had, but my determination was just not the same this time around. I so just wanted to have fun and enjoy summer, and I actually feel like I did a pretty good job of that. I didn't study quite as much as I probably should have, but I feel like I know what my priorities are.

I was blessed to have the opportunity to meet Elder Bednar (one of the leaders of our church) and listen to him speak to my small religion class at BYU. He said a lot of inspired things, most of which I won't go into right now, but he did talk about one thing that I'm just now finding to be really apparent in my life. That is how life is a juggling/balancing act. I think most people know this but to me as a 19 year old single girl I thought that was such a great analogy and I can even still remember the diagram he drew on the board. About halfway through this summer, I felt I needed to put my family first for awhile.
I really figured out how to clean the house, do the dishes/laundry, and make dinner while going to school. The key is to never study! Just kidding, kind of. I just forgot that I was a student while Livy was awake, and instead focused on being a wife and mother. Livy and I would clean and cook, and then we'd go outside and play. She is the best sidekick and I can't wait for her to be older so she can really help :) I'm so obsessed with her and I'm glad that I will always have those memories of her at this cute little age. And I still ended up getting all A's this semester which I feel was just a sweet blessing to give me confidence that I actually am smart and I can pass Boards when it comes time to.


Now I only have 2 more semesters!!! That sounds do-able to me.

No comments: