Saturday, June 25, 2011

Father's Day

Father's Day this year was pretty laid back. We're trying to save as much as we can right now before we move, so we both agreed on no presents for mother's and father's day. Livy and I still wanted to do something fun and special since B always finds a way to spoil me on special occasions, so we made all his favorite meals.

Breakfast: German Pancakes w/ strawberries and whipped cream
I got the recipe for German Pancakes from my college friend/and honorary roommate Anne. Its a family favorite now :)

Lunch: He had canned chili. It grosses me out, but he loves it.

Dinner: Honey Lime Grilled Chicken w/ Mango Salsa
We love this! Its a little spicy, but if you like things with a little kick, like we do, you'll love it too! Recipe here

And of course Dessert: Chocolate Ecuadorian Pie w/ whipped cream
A family recipe from my eldest sister!

We also made this candy gram. I think the last time I made one was in elementary school. It was fun to figure out how to include all the candy and everything in there is true!

2 comments:

danielle said...

i think i will have to try out that cicken recipe, looks super yummy! what a creative gift for brady too!

BradyH said...

Thanks for a great day T!!