Sunday, June 12, 2011

YES

We had a fun weekend in Southern Utah visiting some of B's family. More on that later.
We got home in time to watch the last game of the 2011 NBA finals, and were not disappointed.
We've has so much fun this season (and all seasons, but particularly this one) cheering for our team, and I'm so happy for them! 
This is the first time Dallas has won the championship!!!! I don't care (and never have) about football or baseball (even though Dallas has and has had some of the best teams in those sports), I care about basketball. I've invested many years watching this team work hard, learn, and adapt. That's why I'm so happy about this (if you were wondering). Also this makes me feel like there is justice in the world, and that nice guys can finish first. Last thing, I feel it should be mentioned what stand up citizens they are. I mean, you didn't see them making fun of DWade for his "owie" hip, even though he and James had been making fun of Dirk hours before.


Dallas Mavs: 2011 NBA Champions!!!

5 comments:

Eric said...

Phenomenal!! I love it. Unbelievable poise, class and humility even in victory. Go Mav's!!

danielle said...

and such class as they were interviewed, I will say I was a little suprised that Cuban was so gracious....but am glad he was! Very happy for these guys, they played well and deserve the championship. Long Live Dirk!

Marsha said...

YAY!! We've all watched a lot of Mavs games waiting for this one - and it feels soooo good!! I loved last nights game and all the talk and interviews after! I could not get enough of their happy faces! What a tribute to desire, attitude, never giving up, and team work! I really did get teary-eyed! I loved how Dirk left immediately to have a moment to himself and then came back to celebrate! I read every single word in the newspaper today! We are the champions - and might I add - deservidily so!! They played with such heart - they ALL wanted it so bad, what a team!!

Zahara Rogers said...

They rocked it woot woot! We missed you at the
BBQ, you should have came and brought little livy.

PS Live would totally win a baby contest!

Scottie and Angie said...

I thought of your when they won!!!