Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Tuesday I had my first working interview, and after working for 7.5 hrs, I found out I got the job!

This is not the office I work at, just an insta of when I worked a day at Mike's office.

He also paid me for that day of work right then and there which was really nice, because who wants to ask the boss (of a place your not yet hired) when you can expect to be paid for the work you've done.

It's a really small office, but I love that the entire staff (totaling 5) is friendly to not only the patients, but also each other. I've heard many a horror story about working in dental offices where the assistants don't get along with the hygienists and no one helps each other out, and they even kind of pick on each other. I was really pleased with how my day went at this office, and then even more pleased when they offered me the job! The assistant will always bag my instruments for me, and mount my x-rays. And I was able to help her out (when one of my patients cancelled) by sterilizing instruments and then when she wasn't able to get a PA of tooth #4 (she had taken 4 x-rays already trying to get this one shot- thank goodness the patient was in no pain and didn't mind) she asked me for help. I did it for her and got it on the first try! I was kind of really proud of myself because I've always felt like I'm not very good at taking x-rays, then when she was asking for help I was nervous because I was trying to impress these people for goodness sake! I must be alright because I also took a few bitewings and they all turned out well. Phew! It was a blessing that I got the opportunity to do something that really did impress them! Hooray for a steady income!

17 comments:

Carrie said...

yea!! congratulations! that's awesome.

Anonymous said...

SO PROUD OF YOU MISS TARYN!!! CONGRATS MY DEAR. I HOPE THEY TAKE GOOD CARE OF YOU THERE.
PRAYERS DO WORK. I KNOW YOU AND BRADY ARE TRYING HARD IN SO MANY WAYS!!!

Anonymous said...

OOPS....LOVE DEBI :)

Brooke and Ryan Steed said...

Where are you working?? If I remember correctly, I think Brett told me once that Caroline or one of your other family members used to work for Dr. McKnight in Mesquite. He's our dentist!

Kendra said...

Congratulations! That's great news! And you must feel so good knowing you did so well and they liked you enough to hire you on the spot. Yay!

AmyJ said...

Yea for you guys!! Congratulations!!

Miranda Thompson said...

Yay! So happy for you, Taryn! Where is the office you're going to be working in?

taryn said...

Thanks everyone! I'm working in an office in Dallas.

Brooke, Caroline did work for Dr McKnight, and I shadowed and assisted there before DH school. It's a great office!

Dallas - Jaycie - Ashton - Jaxon said...

Congrats girl! Thats awesome! Yay for jobs! Hope things are going well for you and your adorable family!

Megan said...

Congrats Taryn! You are so amazing! And it's funny because don't you know by now that you're good at whatever you do?

Jeremy and Natalie said...

Awesome! Congratulations!

kjirsten said...

Yay Teensie!! I'm so happy for you! That is GREAT news! p.s. I didn't comment on your scarf post -- but it turned out SOOOO awesome!! Even more amazing in person. I wish I could do stuff like that. You're "cool". :)

Zahara Rogers said...

Yay Taryn! There lucky to have you ;) Don't they know you got the gentlest hygienist award?! ha Hope you guys are loving Texas!

AmyJ said...

Hey, Tare! Ok, so this might be a weird request, but we want a new computer. We've never had a Mac, but we think we want one (a desktop). Since Brady was the awesomest salesman ever, can you have him (if he has time) email us kind of a sales pitch for which Mac is best, and maybe why they're better than pc. I do a lot with pictures and photoshop (cs4) so which iMac is best for that and how much memory (we have an external tb hard drive) should we get and processor and all that?

Thanks SO much!!!

AmyJ said...

Oh...amyjepp at yahoo dot com thanks!!

caroline said...

I thought I recognized that dental chair;)
We are so proud of you and are not surprised that you were snatched right up quickly! It sounds like a great office to work!! We are so excited for you!!

Danee Hansen said...

woo-hoo!! Congrats Taryn :]