Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Long time coming


So far, Brady has received 4 interview invites for medical school!

We are both so excited and happy, even though this doesn't in any way mean he is actually accepted to 
medical school I can't help but think this has been a long time coming. We have never made it this far in the medical school application process (ie interview invites).

Its been a long time since he aced his MCAT, a long time since he first applied to medical school, and a long time since he graduated from BYU.

I wish I could say that in all the years between then and now we were never discouraged, never doubted, never jealous, and never disappointed in the timeline of "medical school". But we were. We were frustrated and couldn't understand why other people were chosen and not Brady. I can't tell you how many times I've had the conversation with my mom about "they don't know what they're missing". I can't tell you how many times I've been frustrated that we have 2 kids and still don't have our own house to live in. 

I also can't tell you how many times I have been amazed by my husband's determination, and his will to keep trying even when things just aren't working out how we planned, over and over. Or how amazed and grateful I am at his faith in God's timeline. I think we are soul mates, and that God had us paired together long before we ever knew each other. I'm not usually that cheesy, and I don't think I really believed that when we were first married, but as time goes on I am more and more sure that we were meant to be. Our "plans" haven't worked out like we thought they would, but I guess they weren't really "our" plans to begin with.

No comments: