Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thanksgiving and the day after

This year for Thanksgiving we were invited to our friend's home! Olivia and one of their daughters are both in Sunbeams (at church) and love playing together. Scarlett enjoyed playing with all the toys, and one of their older daughters was such a sweet helper and played with her all day!  It ended up being so relaxing for me because our girls were so occupied the whole time. There was a point after dinner when B and I were just sitting together on the couch, looking through black Friday ads, and it was heaven! Brady was there and the girls were not pulling/yelling/whining/needing me to do...anything!

The day after Thanksgiving, we decorated for Christmas. We don't have much in the way of decorations, regular ones much less Christmas ones. We didn't spend much to get stuff either, because clearly, we need real couches before we need to spend lots of money on decorations that only stay up for one month. I have no idea what to do with that mantle, so don't look too closely.

All I wanted was for it to be enough for my girls to think it was great. And lucky for me, they're young enough that all they need are Christmas lights. Scarlett's face says it all, and made my entire Christmas. If it's good enough for her, its good enough for me!



We had to move all the ornaments up as she took them off one by one.

Liv was adamant that we have a star for the top of the tree.
I took her to get one later in the week, and she chose it all by herself!

Love that sweet excited face. 
She could not get over those lights!




No comments: