Monday, March 2, 2009

Are you serious?

We were running some errands after work today, in my car, and I tell Brady that we really need to get the oil and the brakes changed because I feel like this car is really becoming a clunker.

Then I hear this weird kind of clunking noise.

I keep hearing it, only when we turn left, so I stick my head out the window to see if its a flat tire, because that's what the sound reminded me of (and I would know since I just had a flat a few months ago).

It didn't look flat, but I kept rolling down my window to listen to it. When we pull into our parking space I immediately jump out and look at the back left tire, and sure enough, it is flat.

Brady pulls out the spare and starts to change the tire while I go in to put my bags down and get a drink. I go back out and he's already finishing it up. He just points at the flat tire leaning against the wall and says "take a look at that". This is what I see:


Are you kidding me? A few things are going through my head:
1) i just had a flat tire 3 months ago.
2) oh and it was the exact same tire (the back left one)
3) that back left tire is a brand new tire that we just bought
4) why is it okay for construction workers to litter the street with nails?
whatever.

Then I watched the season finale of this:


and felt yet again, like I've wasted the past however many weeks of my life by watching something that will never end in happiness. And sadly, I really thought this time it was "for real" ... just like I do every season.

And for the record, I don't know if Jason will ever have a marriage/relationship work out if he keeps "changing his mind" after a couple weeks.

10 comments:

kjirsten said...

That stinks! I hate car troubles. It's always such an inconvenience . . . we're so used to just getting in, and going. I'm sorry you guys had to deal with that (again) . . . at least this time Brady was with you, right?!! Love you guys!

ryan and danielle said...

that stinks about the flat tire! i hate dealing with anything that has to do with cars!

the bachelor i was so mad at the ending! i think melissa was right when she said he wasn't willing to fight for her. I mean seriously? it's not always rainbows and butterflies! what a terd!

Leandra said...

Oh no! That sucks about your tire! And why is it okay for there to just be screws all over the highway.

I wanted to murder the bachelor last night. I felt like I had wasted 3 hours watching the finale because the first 2 hours didn't matter anyway because he just broke up with Melissa after 5 seconds anyway. and why would Molly even want to go on a date with him after that. He's a pig and I agree that he prob won't have a real relationship/marriage. Woah, shouldn't have gotten me started on this one.

Eric said...

That's a bummer about the tire! I hate that stuff. I didn't watch the Bachelor, but its sounds like something interesting happened. I'll have to ask you about it later.

AmyJ said...

Thank goodness for husbands who know how to change a flat!! That stinks that it happened AGAIN!! yeah!!...should it be ok for construction workers to just throw nails and screws on the ground??? -I don't think so!! :)

Anonymous said...

So sorry! Two flats so close together - maybe they will fix it for cheaper the second time around?! (doubtful - so it'd be nice if you could send the bill to the road fixers, but that's not gonna happen either). Since the bachelor didn't work out well for you, maybe American Idil will (HA)!
~mom

Carrie said...

sorry about you tire. that's not fun.

what happened on the bachelor? i usually watch but i didn't watch at all this season because i can't stand jason. guess i made the right decision.

caroline said...

We hate car troubles!! We too in the past had continual tire problems with the same one in the back. We began to think that we were under some tire curse. But I'm happy to report that we haven't had any trouble for a while now since construction has slowed down (knock on wood)- Darn those nails!

Kristi said...

I think I'm the only person that doesn't watch the Batchelor! I don't even like that Jason and I've never even seen it, haha! Sorry about your tire, that really bites...glad that it didn't blow out on you when you were driving down the highway by yourself though. I always worry about nails and screws when I drive around construction areas. UGH.

Kaela Cusack said...

sorry about the flat tire! my SIL gets at least 2-3 a year!! needless to say, she has AAA and ROCKS at changing flats by herself. what a handy husband you have!