Monday, September 16, 2013

{Liv}

Dear Liv,

Last night you cried when we told you it was time for bed (which you do pretty much every night). I carried you up, you brushed your own teeth (you are really good at it! I should know), and then we went and cuddled on your bed. I sang you the Sandman song and then we talked. It is one of my very favorite parts of the day. You always have the funniest things to say or sing at night. Probably because you are stalling and trying to get me to stay in there. Even though I know that, I allow it because the truth is I can't wait to hear what you are going to tell me next! I love how you're mind works and hearing how you view the world. You have a great imagination, but I can already tell you are a realist. I love to hear you playing with your puppies and say both sides of the conversation :) (usually something like this 1: Are you going to eat that apple all gone? 2: I am 1: You are, you're not 2: I am 1: You're not 2: I AM! 1: Oh, haha.) You know so many more things than I knew at your age, like what a real heart looks like and that it pumps blood all through our body. And that baby's have umbilical cords and that the knee cap is actually called a patella which rhymes with nutella. And that when we drink it goes down our throat and into our stomach and then, well you know. I love it when we tell secrets and laugh like best friends. I love that right now we really are best friends. And tonight when it was finally time for me to leave, and you started pouting, I whispered in your ear "When you wake up, you will be FOUR!" And you looked at me with the most joyful smile I've ever seen! Bottle that happiness up and remember how magical it feels to turn a year older. I remember feeling that way too. I think I say it every year, but its not any less true this year, you bring us so much joy! My ray of sunshine. Your smiles make me so happy and just like sometimes I have to help you calm down if you're having a tantrum, you help me calm down too when things aren't going my way. Usually you say "Don't be sad Mama. Its a happy day". It is a happy day Liv! I'm so thankful Heavenly Father blessed us with you. I am so proud to be your Mama.

1 comment:

Debi said...

WOW! Taryn, this is beautiful :) I didn't see this before. You truly captured this special time with your oldest daughter. What a wonderful tribute to you two lovely ladies. Thanks for all you do for my son and my sweet babies! We are glad you are ours!!!