Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Today, we dance

Since the day I found out I was having a girl, I looked forward to watching her dance recitals. As she grew I realized that she didn't always like the things I liked or wanted her to like. I fully expected her to not want to do dance class, but she loved dancing at home, so I hoped. We were so transient during her first few years, but now that we are somewhat settling into our new surroundings, I have been letting her try some different activities- soccer, gymnastics, and finally, it was time to try dance class!

She was so excited, but I was just enrolling her so I wasn't sure that she'd be able to dance that day. Luckily I had her dress in her leotard and skirt just in case. She jumped and ran into the dance room when I told her she would get to dance that day. When it was over she ran to me and said, "That was fun Mommy! Can I do it again? I like it!"

She even remembered a few moves and actually volunteered to show me when we got home. I didn't even have to ask! Then when I broke the news that she would get to dance on stage and me and Daddy would be there to watch her, she put her hand over her mouth in excitement and giggled. She cannot wait for recital and neither can I!



Each week (its only once a week) she is SO excited for dance and loves to wear a tutu/skirt and never lets me forget the bow. Any other day of the week absolutely no bows are allowed, but dance day must be special because she always asks, "Mommy, can I please wear a bow".

She picked out her outfit on this particular day. the skirt, shoes, and sleeves are from an Olivia Pig dress up kit from Grammy and Grampy that she has absolutely loved (won't do princess dress ups but has just loved this). Anyway, I asked if I could take a pic of her and she grabbed a board games and said, "Ser {sure}, I'll just be reading this book". Ha!



2 comments:

Debi said...

Love, love, LOVE those girls and their parents too :)

Scottie and Angie said...

Loved getting caught up on your blog! Just adore your girls and so cute your baby who really isn't a baby any more is dancing! Such a cutie!
Love you,
Angie